With Utah failing to cover for the first time all season, Hawaii finally moves into the top spot. Central Florida is right on their heels.
ELITE 8 (records ATS) non-Big 10
- Hawaii (8-1) That’s now 6 covers in a row for the ‘Bows. Heading into November, Bryant Moniz is our player of the year
- Central Florida (7-1) Making a compelling case for the top spot with 7 consecutive covers, including 4 Overs
- Oregon State (6-1) Mike with a convincing victory in the battle of the Rileys, and we’re rewarding the Beavers for backing up our prediction
- Utah (6-1-1) The last unbeaten goes down, but with a victory on the field, all is not lost.
- Oregon (6-2) These guys show up on the national stage more so than any team in 2010
- Auburn (6-3) 5-1 ATS in the SEC, the leading Heisman candidate and #1 in the BCS. Even with 3 losses ATS they need to be on this list.
- Virginia Tech (6-2) Bye week keeps them idle, but the toughest stretch is about to begin
- Syracuse (6-2) You read that right; Orange have covered 5 of 6 including 3 money lines. We see you now, Doug Marrone.
Dropped Out: Boise State, Northern Illinois
INFAMOUSLY DEFYING THE ODDS
- Washington (2-6) Getting shutout, in a Pac-10 game, at home? I’m hard-pressed to find a worse performance this season from anyone
- Memphis (2-6) 4 losses in a row by an average of 40 points; Does D’angelo Williams have any more eligibility?
- Akron (2-7) First Lebron skips town; now the football team can’t even cover 28 points; Is there a sadder city in America?
- Texas (2-6) Back-to-back losses to Iowa State and Baylor, first time that’s happened since 1612
- Buffalo(2-6) It feels like 2001 all over again with 6 losses ATS last 7 games
BIG TEN GAMBLING RANKINGS
- Ohio State (7-2) Midseason swoon is officially over, cooking on all cylinders and I wouldn’t lay a penny against them the rest of the season
- Illinois (5-2) Illini just keep on covering while making me look like a fool
- Iowa (5-2) That first half was quite a statement. I absolve myself from all responsibility if one team BY ITSELF blows up an Under suggestion
- Michigan State (5-3) It was fun while it lasted. They’ve got a few cupcakes left and I expect them to rebound
- Penn State (3-4) Look who’s won two in a row! I should have foreseen that pasting of Michigan
- Wisconsin (2-5) Lots of momentum, did the bye week come at a bad time?
- Indiana (3-4) All teams here and below deserve to be ranked 11th , IU pulls out huge spread killer so I guess they’re at the top of the garbage heap
- Michigan (3-4) Fire Rich Rod TODAY
- Minnesota (4-4) Jeff Horton 0-2 ATS
- Purdue (2-4-1) They’ve been outscored 94-10 the last two weeks
- Northwestern (1-6) There are 4 teams begging for this spot, the way that Fitzgerald refuses to cover spreads but win games is unlike anything I’ve ever seen