The Big East continues to drop like a pebble in a pond; is the WAC this year’s conference USA?
Conference Rankings (results ATS)
- WAC (4-2, 8-3 YTD) Nevada and Hawaii making bettors very happy; even SJSU and Idaho pulling weight
- SEC (4-3, 10-6 YTD) Top of the heap still look good but very questionable depth
- Big 10 (3-3, 8-5-1 YTD) Ohio State and Iowa lead the charge, Michigan is THE hot team right now. Minnesota is an embarrassment
- C-USA (4-1, 6-4 YTD) 2008 all over again? Rice 2-0 ATS. I love June Jones.
- Pac 10 (3-1,6-5) Oregon is on absolute fire; we’re getting into dangerous territory with USC (0-2 ATS)
- Big 12 (5-5,10-9 YTD ) Nice statements for Oklahoma and Kansas; Texas A&M and Baylor wax inferior opponents.
- MWC (2-2, 4-5-1 YTD) Is San Diego State a hot mid major to play? Perhaps, but lets see what happens this week.
- Sun Belt (4-2,6-6 YTD) Nice bounce back, underdog covers by the men in the southland.
- ACC (2-4,4-7 YTD) Another rough week for tobacco road, additional points deducted for V Tech’s horrid loss.
- MAC (1-2, 4-6 YTD) Not sure if there’s a single team in this league I feel confident about.
- Big East (0-4, 1-6-1 YTD) All this plus an invite to Villanova? I can’t say that Conference USA isn’t more competitive these days.
Unranked: Independents (0-2, 0-4-1) Getting worse and worse for the pride of the 1940′s.
Big Ten Gambling Rankings
- Michigan They’ll retain the top spot until they lose with a nice money line victory.
- Ohio State Thanks for coming through boys, 2-0 against two significant spreads.
- Iowa Whipping of their in-state rival for second straight year is a good sign.
- Michigan State No cover for Spartans but this one did little to drop their prestige.
- Illinois Pasting of very respectable Southern Illinois means something, so does covering against Mizzou.
- Northwestern Cats are 2-0 straight up and sure to get favorable lines in the coming weeks.
- Wisconsin 0-2 versus two very large spreads; beware of laying the points
- Purdue Team just doesn’t look very good and lost their stud WR, not a good start to 2010
- Penn State As expected outmanned vs Alabama, but will their name alone get them overvalued lines?
- Minnesota Week 1 is over, you just to lost to an FCS school at home. Bring back Glen Mason!
Indiana, its time to play someone.